Now Hiring: Barista
Job Location: Compton, CA
The Planet Health Cafe and Coffee shop is an organic plant based restaurant located inside a multifaceted plaza titled, Planet Health Compton.
We place a high value on teamwork and quality of character, including a positive attitude, honesty, hard work and a good role model for employees and guests. Our philosophy is to create balance within the body and outside by incorporating community, culture, and health. We want to heal and repair our bodies instead of breaking it down, while simultaneously healing and repairing our communities.
Our goal is to provide a very warm, friendly atmosphere that’s known for our outstanding customer service.
We are looking for Baristas who have a sense of pride and ownership and enjoy the opportunity to serve their community..
- Promotes coffee consumption by educating customers; selling coffee and coffee grinding and brewing equipment, accessories, and supplies; preparing and serving a variety of coffee drinks, along with pastries and cookies.
- Welcomes customers by determining their coffee interests and needs.
- Educates customers by presenting and explaining the coffee drink menu; answering questions.
- Sells coffees and coffee grinding and processes sales. Cash handling. POS experience preferred.
- Prepares and sells coffee drinks by following Planet Health Compton recipes and preparation techniques for coffee drinks, such as, espresso, americano, caffe latte, and cappuccino.
- Generates revenues by attracting new customers; defining new and expanded services and products.
- Maintains inventories by replenishing coffee bean supply; stocking coffee brewing equipment; maintaining supplies, pastries, and cookies for coffee shop.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following Planet Health Compton standards and sanitation regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading coffee, retail trade, and food service publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Ability to work 8 hour shift
Barista Qualifications / Skills:
- 1 Year Barista experience prefered
- Verbal communication
- Customer focus
- Customer service
- Basic safety
- People skills
- Action oriented
- Selling to customer needs
- Client relationships
These are not the only duties to be assigned.
Some duties may be reassigned and other duties assigned as required
Job Type: Full-time