Now Hiring: Cashier
Job Location: Compton, CA
Planet Health Compton Cafe is an organic plant based restaurant located inside a multifaceted plaza titled, Planet Health Compton.
We place a high value on teamwork and quality of character, including a positive attitude, honesty, hard work and a good role model for employees and guests. Our philosophy is to create balance within the body and outside by incorporating community, culture, and health. We want to heal and repair our bodies instead of breaking it down, while simultaneously healing and repairing our communities.
Our goal is to provide a very warm, friendly atmosphere that’s known for our outstanding customer service.
We are looking for people who are detail oriented, enthusiastic and take pleasure in serving their communities.
- Take guest orders
- Have understanding of menu items and ingredients to fully assist guests
- Takes and processes phone orders as well as internet/delivery orders
- Keep To Go/Delivery Pick Up area clean and organized
- Process sales transactions
- Accept payments
- Calculate and return change when required by the payment method
- Assist and educate guests about vegan options and benefits.
- Maintain adequate change denominations in the cash drawer and request additional change
- Answer customer questions about food items,
- Reconcile cash drawers and sales receipts
- Report issues with equipment
- Answer general questions about Planet Health Compton
CASHIER SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to calculate sales and change quickly
- Accountability and accuracy in reconciling sales receipts
- Oriented toward serving others and helping customers
- Customer-service skills
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Excellent verbal communication
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, stressful environment
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of point-of-sale systems
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or GED
- One to two years of experience as a line cook, restaurant cook, or prep cook
- Basic knowledge of cooking terms, skills, cuts and preparations.
- Experience with vegan ingredients and cooking practices a plus
- Familiar with industry best practices
These are not the only duties to be assigned.
Some duties may be reassigned and other duties assigned as required
Job Type: Full-time