Now Hiring: Line Cook
Line Cook: Planet Health Compton
Job Location: Compton, CA
Planet Health Compton Cafe is an organic plant based restaurant located inside a multifaceted plaza titled, Planet Health Compton.
We place a high value on teamwork and quality of character, including a positive attitude, honesty, hard work and a good role model for employees and guests. Our philosophy is to create balance within the body and outside by incorporating community, culture, and health. We want to heal and repair our bodies instead of breaking it down, while simultaneously healing and repairing our communities.
Our goal is to provide a very warm, friendly atmosphere that’s known for our outstanding customer service.
We are looking for Cooks who are detail oriented, enthusiastic and take pleasure in serving their communities.
- Sets up and stocks food items and other necessary supplies.
- Prepares food items by cutting, chopping, mixing, and preparing sauces.
- Cooks food items by grilling, frying, sautéing, and other cooking methods to specified recipes and standards.
- Ability to follow Planet Health recipes and cooking instructions
- Willing to be trained and learn everyday as well as share knowledge and skills with fellow team members.
- Maintain cleanliness and complies with food sanitation requirements by properly handling food and ensuring correct storage including labeling and rotating prepared food items.
- Cleans entire Station and set up Next shift Line Cooks
- Cleans and sanitizes cooking surfaces at the end of the shift.
- Ability to work fast paced for periods of time up to 3 hours
- Performs inventory checks and completes food storage logs.
LINE COOK QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS:
- Basic written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Accuracy and speed in executing tasks
- Ability to work as a team member
- Follows directions and instructions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or GED
- One to two years of experience as a line cook, restaurant cook, or prep cook
- Basic knowledge of cooking terms, skills, cuts and preparations.
- Experience with vegan ingredients and cooking practices a plus
- Familiar with industry best practices
These are not the only duties to be assigned.
Some duties may be reassigned and other duties assigned as required
Job Type: Full-time