Now Hiring: Planet Health Compton Prep Cook
Prep Cook: Planet Health Compton
Job Location: Compton, CA
Planet Health Compton Cafe is an organic plant based restaurant located inside a multifaceted plaza titled, Planet Health Compton.
We place a high value on teamwork and quality of character, including a positive attitude, honesty, hard work and a good role model for employees and guests. Our philosophy is to create balance within the body and outside by incorporating community, culture, and health. We want to heal and repair our bodies instead of breaking it down, while simultaneously healing and repairing our communities.
Our goal is to provide a very warm, friendly atmosphere that’s known for our outstanding customer service.
We are looking for Cooks who are detail oriented, enthusiastic and take pleasure in serving their communities.
- Follow the prep list created by chefs to plan duties
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Undertake basic cooking duties such as reducing sauces, parboiling food etc.
- Prepare simple dishes such as salads, side dishes etc.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
- Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
PREP COOK QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS:
- Basic written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Accuracy and speed in executing tasks
- Ability to work as a team member
- Follows directions and instructions
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or GED
- One to two years of experience as a line cook, restaurant cook, or prep cook
- Basic knowledge of cooking terms, skills, cuts and preparations.
- Experience with vegan ingredients and cooking practices a plus
- Familiar with industry best practices
These are not the only duties to be assigned.
Some duties may be reassigned and other duties assigned as required
Job Type: Full-time